Welcome to the FSU Sub deanery Website
What Is Subdeanery?
A pilot has been established through the Federation Support Unit due to the increasing need for more exposure of undergraduate medical students in General Practice and to help ease their orientation into General Practice overall. We are initially based in North Belfast and South West Federation practices with the hope that the pilot may be expanded regionally next year.
Our Main Aims
Our main aims:
- To maximise capacity of student placements within GP Surgeries.
- To streamline the allocation of students from QUB and UU into GP surgeries.
- To enhance placement experience through innovative teaching methods and exposure to local opportunities.
- To widen GP Tutor engagement and provide generic resources to support teaching practices.
- To encourage interprofessional learning within Multi-Disciplinary Teams and Peer to Peer Teaching.
QI project for QUB Students during their Primary Care Elective – The Anti-cholinergic Burden in Elderly patients with dementia
QI Activity for Medical Students on summer Electives in Primary Care [divi_wpfd_single_file _builder_version="4.9.4" _module_preset="default"...
In this video Dr James Meade talks about giving effective feedback, using the Johari window framework to reflect on outcomes, examining models such as Pendleton and Pearson and looks at factors affecting feedback such as difference of opinion/attitude and personality In learning.