Welcome to the FSU Sub deanery Website
What Is Subdeanery?
A pilot has been established through the Federation Support Unit due to the increasing need for more exposure of undergraduate medical students in General Practice and to help ease their orientation into General Practice overall. We are initially based in North Belfast and South West Federation practices with the hope that the pilot may be expanded regionally next year.
Our Main Aims
Our main aims:
- To maximise capacity of student placements within GP Surgeries.
- To streamline the allocation of students from QUB and UU into GP surgeries.
- To enhance placement experience through innovative teaching methods and exposure to local opportunities.
- To widen GP Tutor engagement and provide generic resources to support teaching practices.
- To encourage interprofessional learning within Multi-Disciplinary Teams and Peer to Peer Teaching.
The GPECS 'Confidence in Dermatology' webinar series is open to medical students who are keen to enhance their knowledge on common dermatological issues. Click for more details.
This video highlights the busy and diverse team at this 7,000 patient practice in North Belfast that have been involved in Postgraduate and Undergraduate teaching for over 30 years. Their team consists of skilled professionals to include GPs,...
This short video contains useful information on how to successfully carry out 3 way consulting between GP, patient and student through the mediums of telephone and video
Opportunity for practice staff to gain a qualification with the Primary Care and Health Management Diploma
Register interest with us before 26th Feb 21 if you would like to be considered for a funded place on the course . Terms apply please click for further details and see flyer.