Welcome to the FSU Sub deanery Website
What Is Subdeanery?
A pilot has been established through the Federation Support Unit due to the increasing need for more exposure of undergraduate medical students in General Practice and to help ease their orientation into General Practice overall. We are initially based in North Belfast and South West Federation practices with the hope that the pilot may be expanded regionally next year.
Our Main Aims
Our main aims:
- To maximise capacity of student placements within GP Surgeries.
- To streamline the allocation of students from QUB and UU into GP surgeries.
- To enhance placement experience through innovative teaching methods and exposure to local opportunities.
- To widen GP Tutor engagement and provide generic resources to support teaching practices.
- To encourage interprofessional learning within Multi-Disciplinary Teams and Peer to Peer Teaching.
In this video Dr James Meade talks about giving effective feedback, using the Johari window framework to reflect on outcomes, examining models such as Pendleton and Pearson and looks at factors affecting feedback such as difference of opinion/attitude and personality In learning.
The GPECS 'Confidence in MSK webinar series is open to medical students who are keen to enhance their knowledge on common musculoskeletal issues. Click for more details.
Join us for our new Lunchtime Learning 'Bright Ideas' initiative for GP Tutors to learn from each other and create a community of practice amongst GP Educators. The third session on giving 'Effective Feedback' takes place on Tues 30th March 1pm - 1.45pm
Last week we were joined by medical and physiotherapy students for an interprofessional learning event. Please see the video below where one of the Belfast Trust educators talks about the useful mnemonic for screening for inflammatory arthritis:...